4 Tips for Living Room Bliss
Your living room should be the place where you relax and unwind, but most days it feels like a chaotic catch-all. Disorder and chaos in your home can have a negative affect on your emotions. Take a look at your cluttered space. How does it make you feel?
- Does your mind feel cluttered?
- Do you feel drained of energy?
- Do you feel overwhelmed or depressed?
We have all been there. Clutter causes unnecessary stress in your life. Getting rid of the clutter helps you feel better emotionally and physically.
“But where do I start?” Good question! The best way to get started is to get started. These 4 easy tips to will help you bring order to your living space, or any room in your home.
(1) Take a moment, stand in your living room, and turn off all the background noise. Visualize what your living space would look like if there was no clutter. Imagine how you want your space to function.
(2) Now look around and determine what items don’t belong. Grab those items and put them in their rightful place. Don’t worry about organizing them right now, just get them in the right location.
(3) Back to the living room. Discard anything that is broken or is trash. Are you really going to get that old DVD player fixed? Toss it. Then gather items you will donate, take them to your car and remember to actually take them to the donation center on your next trip.
(4) Tackle the remaining items by grouping like items together and organize them one at a time.
Being organized does not mean you have to get rid of everything. If your living room doubles as a playroom, you don’t have to get rid of your children’s toys. Place a container in the living room to corral all their stuff. Storage ottomans work well for this. Your living area is your living area. Make the space work for how you live.
Remember Collectors, “Happiness is a place between too little and too much.” —Finnish Proverb
Need help getting organized? Hire one or two of our skilled professional organizers to help you get your project done! Have company coming over? Give us a call, we will have your place picked up in a jiffy!!! www.collectorcare.com 925-548-7750 email@example.com